Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
|Key contacts||Main website|
|Market development & trade website|
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) is Sweden’s official development cooperation. It’s aim is to reduce poverty through support that contributes to economic and political development in poor countries. Sida supports interventions in several key areas, including:
- Agriculture and food security;
- Conflict, peace and security;
- Democracy, human rights and freedom of expression;
- Environment and climate;
- Gender equality;
- Humanitarian aid;
- Market development; and
- Sustainable societal development.
As part of Sida’s support to market development, it contributes to the support of countries in trade negotiations. Sida also commits to the Aid for Trade agenda, including
- Trade-related infrastructure (roads, ports, energy);
- Building productive capacity (private sector development, financial sector development, agricultural development, etc.); and
- Trade policy and regulations.